Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's not so bad

Today at lunch I kept hearing, "Yuck, Yuck, Icky Icky!" from my dear little boy. For those of you who don't know, Marshall has an INCREDIBLE gag reflex and has learned that saying he is "sick" can be quite a tool. (Mommy and Daddy don't buy it any more. If he says he's going to throw up, we tell him that he most certainly is NOT going to throw up and to take a deep breath.)

Anyway, he was saying his milk was "yucky" today so that he could practice letting it spill out of his mouth, down his chin, and onto his shirt. (Also, I reused his mug from snack and there may have been a few crumbs leftover in it.)

So I took it away.

"Marshall, you said this milk is yucky and bad so I need to throw it away."

"Well, it's not that bad."

Life Lesson: When presented with the other options, what you have might not seem that bad anymore. Appreciate it while you have it.

No comments: