Today I am grateful for
- Friends: When we first moved to Seattle, we had a difficult time making friends. It's always hard moving to a new place, where it seems like everyone already has friends and doesn't need any new ones. :) But that old saying that my mom used to tell me about my lack of boyfriend woes in junior high really does apply, when you are least looking for them, that's when you find them. Of course, having kids helps a whole bunch too. I think three things really opened up our friendship world, 1) my Little Peppers group, which still meets, 2) joining the co-op preschool, which was clearly as much for my benefit as it was for Marshall's, and 3) we started importing in our friends. We started with Blair and Chris, and we've recently hooked Eric and Heather. Oh, and I forgot, all of our friends that were here when we moved here, like Sarah and Chris, now have kids too, and are in the same boat. :) Anyway, today I am really grateful that we have a wonderful friend base in Seattle. (I got to spend the afternoon chatting with Erin after I babysat my dear Hazel, so I think I am feeling extra warm and fuzzy friend-wise.)
-Sunshine: The sun is out again this Friday, thank heavens! It's been raining cats and dogs this week! Anyway, the sunshine enabled us to get out today and meet our neighbors. Marshall, Josie, and I got to meet lots of our new neighbors and they are all very friendly and nice. (Although the kindergarten girl next door was complaining that Marshall was following her and her friends and touching her things in her garden. But then he brought them a worm that he found so I think that made it all better. Ahh....little boys.)
-Marshall's love of books: Marshall is currently in his room reading books for "quiet time" which is slowly replacing his naptime. He's not completely rid of naptime, but there are days when he just doesn't want to nap. However, I am SOOOO lucky that Marshall loves books. He will sit in there for at least 45 minutes just reading away. Every Mommy needs a little quiet time. :)
-Autosave on blog entries: Internet Explorer just booted me out totally unexpectedly and I thought I lost that whole thing.
-Strawberry and Goat Cheese Bruschetta: You must try this. It came in my Better Homes and Gardens magazine this month. (Yes, I am an old lady....but just try to make fun of me after you eat this.) I would eat this everyday if Will let me but he says I need to pace myself.
- Most importantly, My Mom and Will's Mom: I am so lucky to have such wonderful women in my life. My mom has always been my best friend, and I never would have dreamed that I would get so lucky to marry into another wonderful mom relationship. It is reassuring to know that both of my moms will be there for me no matter what I need, whether it's to vent, get advice, or just get some support. I am truly a lucky lady indeed. Happy Mother's Day, Mom and Mom!
1 comment:
i love gratitude fridays!!
(it says isabelle but it's really sheree)
Post a Comment