At least that's what we're calling it at this house. It's actually "Turn off the Tube" week, but if we remind Marshall that the TV is off there will be major tantrums. So we are focusing on the positive, great stuff we get to do instead of watching TV. I was thinking that this was going to be a HUGE challenge for my TV loving son, but luckily, it is gorgeous out, so I have been able to divert his attention with lots of outside play. Yesterday we ran errands for Jo Jo's birthday party and then went for a hike in the park, where we spent a lot of time feeding the Poombi bugs seeds. (Marshall has an elaborate set-up going down there. Josie loves it because she gets to sit on the sand pile in the creek bed too and get all dirty. )
Today, he began to realize that the TV wasn't on. Typically before preschool, he gets to watch one program while I shower. But this morning, there was no TV. That, compounded with the fact that both children woke up at 5:30, led to a very interesting morning. Let's just say that I was at preschool at about 9:10 this morning. Since it doesn't officially start until 9:30, we had to dawdle in the parking lot quite a bit. I don't think Teacher Connie would have appreciated me dropping Marsh off quite so early.
That's actually been the biggest challenge of no-TV week. Figuring out when I am going to bathe. Yesterday I had to wait until afternoon naptime, which meant I was a tad greasy on our morning errands (and then of course ran into Kirsten at Jo-Ann Fabric.....isn't that always the case? You always see someone you know when you look scuzzy....). This morning, the plan was to wake up with Will and take a shower before the kids arose. Which was foiled by the children's decision to wake up at 5:30. Luckily Will was able to stay for another 10 minutes for me. Hmmmm.....there's got to be a way to figure this out....
Here are some pictures of our deck picnic this afternoon. Marshall decided that we had to have a picnic and went and got the picnic basket and blanket. I LOVE our new deck. DeWayne made a gate that is like an extention of the rail across the stairs so it's like a giant outdoor playpen. The kids love being out there and I don't have to worry (quite so much....Josie did come over to me with a pinecone in her mouth yesterday. Whatever...she didn't actually ingest it......)
Josie decided she wanted to feed herself some macaroni and cheese (with hidden butternut squash......well, not very well hidden. Marshall refused to eat it.)

Double G- I know you are reading this. :) We are thinking about you and we think you can buy green bananas this week.
1 comment:
oh man, i so know the pain of showering.
when do you do it? i try to do it after my kids leave for the bus at 7:12am but sometimes that doesn't work if the girls were exceptionally noisy that morning and woke up my little ones. i, too, have been caught looking "scuzzy" at QFC where all the seaview parents apparently get their coffee in the AM!! why?! they're decked out in cute work clothes and i'm flopping around in crocs and sweats trying to make sure i have milk/cereal that AM. :)
tv turn off week is great except the girls' school included computer. i didn't read that until this morning sooo, i just am not on it when they are home. :)
the last few days were so nice with the weather, picnics are the greatest!
Post a Comment