Monday, April 20, 2009

P is for Party

You can't have a P week without a PARTY. So on a whim, I decided to throw a little impromptu early birthday party for Josie during our regular Wednesday morning playgroup with our friends from Little Peppers. Of course it was a P theme. And luckily Erin was available to get excited about it. I basically made cupcakes that morning (PUPCAKES, if you will) and planned for the kids to PLAY and PAINT the windows. (I am going through a "no stress out" phase.) However, Erin and family were quite enthusiastic and creative with the P theme. Erin and Hazel both wore PIGTAILS (I think Hazel might have been taunting Josie since JoJo is oh-so-bald). The entire family was dressed in either PINK or PURPLE. AND Erin brought over some freshly made PURPLE PLAYDOUGH. (It's nice to be friends with over-acheivers. The benefits are lovely.)
I gave Rebecca the camera about a half hour into the party. Thus, the pictures are beautiful. When I win the lottery, I am going to hire her to follow my children around and take pictures of them on a daily basis.

Purple Playdough! (Josie was so pleased with herself for playing with the big kids.)


He's such an odd little duck sometimes......


Window painting. The kids loved this! Marshall even did an art project for more than 5 minutes.(And I am not even going to pretend that I have cleaned it up yet.)


And then it was time for cupcakes....oh, I mean PUPCAKES. Apple cake with whole wheat flour.....Do as I say, not as I do children! Pass the marshmellow bunnies that I bought myself for Easter!

My children love cake almost as much as I do.

Finally Josie and Hazel got some playtime with me while the other moms took the big kids for a hike. (Apparently, the majority of Hazel's caloric intake is going toward hair production, while the majority of Josie's is going toward body mass.)
All in all, quoth Snoop...."Lotti Dotti, we like to Party!"

1 comment:

Sheree said...

i loved this one i saw it on fb. so darlling with all the kids.

pupcakes! how cute is that??