Ms. Josephine is a trained night eater. She wakes up every 3-4 hours and screams until I nurse her. I don't quite know how we got here since she was such a good sleeper (waking up only once each night), but here we are. At first it was a pacifier problem. She was waking up every couple of hours and crying for us to give her back the pacifier. So we worked really hard and got rid of the pacifiers at night. And probably somewhere during that time, I became the pacifier. We have tried crying it out, but this girl is relentless. Whereas Marshall would cry for 45 minutes at max, she can go for hours. Really. So I know I need to work on some behavior elimination strategies to get this to stop, but right now, I am so tired that it is just so much easier to nurse her for 5 minutes because I know that will put her back to sleep. (Clearly perpetuating the problem)
In anycase, I am a little sleep deprived. I don't necessarily feel like it all the time, but then I will be staring blankly into space when one of the preschool moms is trying to have a conversation with me. And things aren't getting done around here. Will and I are so tired that after the kids go to bed (which, thank God, is still regularly at 7), we end up falling asleep on the couch by 8:30. Last night I stayed "up late" (9:30) to cut out the pattern pieces for Marshall's alligator costume. And this morning I decided to do something for myself. I cut my toenails. That's right. I know it sounds extravagant, but sometimes, a girl just needs a little pampering. And now I am going to go take a shower while Josie naps and Marshall watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (where I think he learned to count backwards). It's a morning full of special treats. :)
3 comments:
I have been there. You poor thing. It's all coming back to me about the late, sleepless nights, etc. Hang in there. Misery loves company. I'll be there in a month or so.
Just think about the fact that there is another mom in Baltimore late at night feeding her daughter too!
I have an idea. I will get up in the middle of the night to feed Josie if you study for my Finance II exam. Deal? :)
Post a Comment