I feel like Josie is changing constantly! She has recently decided that she doesn't mind being put down so much. She'll actually sit in her bouncy chair or lie on her play mat and look around instead of immediately crying to be picked up. She really likes being outside and it immediately calms her down (most of the time... :)). Today she fell asleep in her bouncy chair in the backyard while Marshall played and I cleaned up a bit. (We finally got a nice, warm, sunny day in Seattle to go along with our 16 hours of sunlight. Yippee Summer Solstice!) These are really big steps for her (and me!). (Although I must admit that my arm muscles were definitely benefiting from all the carrying. Two tickets to the gun show anyone?) And today I swear she batted at a hanging cow on her play mat. I mean, her arm definitely hit the thing a couple of times. (Sure she was a little fidgety at the time....but I think she's advanced. :))
Marshall has decided that he doesn't want to take a nap. This is quite unusual for my child. He loves to sleep (truly his father's boy). But Mommy really REALLY needs naptime to stick around. And he does too. He's a super crankpot in the afternoon if he doesn't get one. But the conditions have the be just right for him to take a nap. He can't go down too early or too late. I feel like I am back in sleep training time. I am thinking this probably has something to do with the fact that we FINALLY took away the pacifers. We used croup as the excuse. (You had these pacis when you were sick and we don't want you to get sick again.) Lesson learned on that one. Note to self: Get rid of those much earlier with Josie.
We went to the Firefighter Day at the Musuem of Flight today. Just me, Marsh, and Josie. It was fun but challenging seeing as 1) Marshall feels he has the right to climb into every vehicle, push every button, and pull every lever, and 2) Marshall does not go for standing in line and waiting your turn. Add in Josie strapped to my chest in a wrap and we've got all the makings for an interesting day. Marsh did have a great time, but none of you will see these memories because I can't find my camera and trying to carry Will's fat daddy one would have pushed me over the edge of sanity. (Perhaps I should be tidying my house instead of blogging so I can find things like my camera....nah....) So you'll just have to imagine Marshall insisting that the woman firefighter let him put on her helmet and her being very good natured and letting him wear it. (Then imagine Marshall trying to walk away with it and her holding it on his head, saying, "It's very heavy....I don't think he can hold it up" with a bewildered look on her face.) A good time was had by all, but even Marshall was ready to go after an hour. :)
1 comment:
No naps? Ooh, I hope you can make them last a little longer. Had fun w/Will today, but we missed "y'all" lots.
Post a Comment