Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Daddy's weekend with the Kiddos

I went to Portland this past weekend to see two wonderful friends from Duke, Pat and Barbara.  BY MYSELF.  I could expound on how rejuvenating it was to be just me, all by myself again, traveling.  But I won't.  I'll just say that Pat and Barbara reminded me of the me I was before I was a mommy and I needed that.  (Of course I missed my family a ton and Pat and Barbara have heard entirely too many stories beginning with "That's just like the time Marshall...." or "The other day, Josie...." or "You know, Will said......")

While I was gone.....well, the kids had a grand old time with Daddy.  Will told me that they cried all weekend for me, but I pretty sure that wasn't the case from the reception I got when they picked me up from the train station. "Oh! Hi, Mom......"  Kind of like when you find something you forgot you were looking for. :)

And he took these gorgeous pictures of the kids and our park.
(See he was thinking about me.....)

And then he got these candids of Josie which I absolutely love and hate at the same time.  These show so much of Josie's personality and are so darn adorable.  But they are also proof of what I guess I have known for a while now, my baby is definitely a little girl.  She hasn't quite decided if she's going to turn 2 or 10 at the end of the month.
Ack! Where's my time machine?

2 comments:

Sheree said...

awww, yay for a weekend to yourself!

daddies need their time to shine too! looks like daddy fun!

Will said...

need more blog