1) This is a BIGGIE: Mom and Dad are moving in to their Edmonds house this week! Yippeee! I can't believe this is actually happening. Right now it's just random clothes and whatnot while the house gets painted, but next week the furniture comes!!!!!! After not living near my parents since college (minus two 3 month stints right before we got married and after we moved from Tallahassee), this is so wonderful!
2) Nothing New is working! Not only do trees swish hello and birds sing me sweet songs because we are protecting their home (I envision a cross between Bambi and Snow White here), but in the first TWO months of 2010 we have eliminated 32% of our credit card debt. (Because this is all part of the larger plan to become debt-free) Of course this begs the question, if we can eliminate 32% of our credit card debt in two months, what on earth have we been doing? But right now, we are ignoring that part of the equation, and just reveling the fact that our hard work is paying off.
And as far as how the whole challenge is working for us, I must admit that some new things have been purchased. But I feel justified in these exceptions, they include
- Underwear, which totally doesn't count because of the ewww factor. (As in, ewwwww, who buys used underwear?)
- Products for Bo our kitty. Getting a kitty was a spur of the moment thing and the poor guy deserves SOME cat toys. Plus, a kitty litter box belongs in the ewwww category.
- Care package items for our soldier through Soldier's Angels. Because I feel like he's sacrificing enough and doesn't need to be getting pre-owned items from a family he has never met before. That might be a little too much.
- Fabric.....I can make excuses as much as I'd like for this one, but let's just admit I have an addiction and move on.
- Some really cheap t-shirts from Target. I couldn't help myself. They were like a buck each and I want to learn how to applique so I can get the Boden look without the Boden prices.
3) I won an award! My friend Emily from high school is an amazing mom of SEVEN, which will hopefully soon become eight if government officials in the US and Liberia do the right thing. She's fabulous and has an amazing faith. And she thought my little blog was good enough to give an award too. How special is that?
I think I am supposed to list ten things I love (?) and then give the award out to ten more blogs. This might be challenging and nap time is precious. I will be thinking more about this one!
(Actually, to be honest, this is my second blog award. My first was given to me by Sheree in the midst of a crazy October so I didn't so all the stuff I was supposed to for that one. But, I just wanted you all to know, that I have been acknowledged for my awesome-ness twice....err....rather the blog has been acknowledged. :) I know, so modest.....)
4) Will's Dad's shoulder surgery appears to have gone really well and he is really enjoying the pain medication. (Which seems a silly thing to say about your father-in-law, but the last time I talked to him, he was in a very happy place.)
What a great day! March is coming in like a lion.....a happy lion who is dancing through a field of flowers. Now onto the kitty litter box cleaning scheduled for this afternoon.....
3 comments:
That IS all awesome news!
wow! what wonderful news you shared! that is AWEsome!
congrats on your parents moving down the road! you know what is ironic? your childhood house on churchill rd. is for sale this week. it's like cosmic energy connected to your family. miss you! *leia
Post a Comment