Sunday, June 7, 2009

Gratitude Friday...on Sunday

Today (as well as two days ago) I am thankful for:

- My extra extra extra clean house. (And that's all I have to say about that)

- My husband who does things that he absolutely hates to do (like fold baby laundry) just to make my life easier. (On a side note, it must be totally genetic, because, if I could fold baby laundry and nothing else, I would be in heaven.)

-My new housemates: I totally know now why people live in communes. It's so nice to have another family to share dinners with and who can take the baby monitor for me when I need to run out really quick to the grocery store. And they like to drink wine at dinner. You like wine? I like wine! Kismet! They have also be super super understanding about all of shenanigans going on in this house right now. (And that's all I have to say about that.)

-My little boy: He is just growing up so much every day...and I just love what he is growing into. He's fascinated by the millions of caterpillars surrounding our house right now and puts at least a couple into his bug box daily. Each one has a name...or at least an identity. Right now they are Squiggles and Squiggles' Momma. His imagination is OUTRAGEOUS! He's going to write wonderful stories to woo the ladies just like his Daddy. :)

-My little girl: She is such a little imp. She is climbing on EVERYTHING now and when she gets there she looks up and giggles like "Look at me! I'm a daredevil!" And she has 7 teeth. There is nothing cuter than an odd number of teeth.

-Edmonds: Of course. But everytime we walk around downtown Will and I remind each other how blessed we really are. Will took Marshall to the Edmonds Theater today (one of the last independent movie theaters on the West Coast) to see "Up." They didn't make it through the whole thing. Apparently there was an angry mob of dogs that made Marshall go beserker. But he really enjoyed the popcorn. :) Josie and I walked home from downtown after the boys when into the movie. I loved it....even the enormous hill at the end. :)

-Clean sheets, clean jammies, and fresh from bath skin...

Oh, I have to stop now because that last one made me realize how delightful it would be to go read a book in bed right now. TTFN! (Marshall and I are reading Winnie-ther-Pooh again.)

2 comments:

Sheree said...

i love this one!!

dontcha just love sweet babies all lotioned up and clean from their bath walking around in their pjs (my favorite time of the day) snuggling with clean kiddies.

what are you reading now?

Chrissy said...

I'm a dork and I am reading a book Montessori book for birth to age three. :) Once a teacher, always a teacher....