Saturday, March 21, 2009

At least Josie is with the Program

So Josie has decided to keep us on track with our letters, celebrating our misplaced S week by STANDING as much as possible. We had seen her do it before, but for the past couple of days, that's all she does. Stand, stand, stand.....in her crib, on the coffee table, pulling up to chairs. Will thinks she is going to walk any day, but I don't think she's quite there yet. Every time I try to practice with her by holding her arms, her little feet kind of buckle below her. Definitely not taking steps on her own. But definitely is getting the desire. So we are entering that fun stage we had right before crawling. The "Howl with Frustration" stage ......it's awesome. :) It's a good thing she's so darn cute.
Here she is on her first attempts the other day. (Yes, she is watching the NCAA tournament in the background. GO BLUE DEVILS!) Initially, she was all about the tip-toes. (I was going to write that she is going to be a ballerina like her momma, but I think I will think positively and say she will be a ballerina like Auntie Leia or Auntie Marit.)


Then she got really good. She stood and watched Zooboomafoo with Marshall like this for about 10 minutes. Now normally, I don't like Jo Jo watching TV (unless it's ACC basketball), but I made an exception here because she was doing so well standing (and I needed to make dinner). Check out that cute cloth diaper booty. Josie's got a big ole butt, OH YEAH! Also, the lack of socks....I can't keep them on her feet unless I stick shoes on there too. She's just like her Grandma. If only she knew the calluses that are ahead of her, she might think better.







2 comments:

Amiee said...

So darn cute!!! I can't believe how fast she's growing...

Sheree said...

i love her little sweats with cutie on the booty. how fun that she's standing!