Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Headstrong Children

So I don't know how this happened, but both of my children are just a little bit headstrong.....I blame it on their father. :) Josie knows what she wants and when she wants it. She really likes to feed herself, and she really really wants to eat exactly what everyone else is eating, even when that would really be impossible. Like apple slices or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. She'll scream and reach as far as she can to try to get things off my or Daddy's plates. Also, while she has the desire to move forward (rather than roll side to side gradually to get what she wants), she would rather lie on her belly, flail her arms and legs, and scream in protest than crawl. I try to explain to her that if I pick her up I will be stunting her growth to no avail. But she is getting closer! (As I told Will, the end is near.) She is now getting up on all fours (and then plopping back down on her belly and screaming in protest).


It's a good thing she's so darn cute. (Please ignore the fact that she is cross-dressing. In my personal opinion, ALL jammies are unisex.) Banana nose!





And then there's my little angel Marshall. Marshall is having difficulty distinguishing between himself and adults lately. For instance, he'll come right out of time out for yelling "Bad Baby" to his sister (which he now does all the time. It's a bad habit. He'll yell it at random when she isn't doing anything. I'm trying to break him of that.), and after saying sorry to his sister, he will come over to me and tell me something that I am not supposed to do. "Mom, you don't talk with your mouth full." or "Mom, you don't bang on the windows." Like, now that he's been disciplined, it's his turn to be the discipliner. How do you explain to a 3 year old that it doesn't quite work that way?


In other funny news, lately he's been really into talking about babies in bellies. Maybe it's because he's connecting all the prego women around here (Sarah and formerly Blair) with when Mommy was pregnant. He's also really into the book "Sleepy Jesus" that Josie got from the church when she was baptized. It's about the birth of Jesus. Yesterday he started a conversation with "Mommy, you had a baby in your belly." "Yes, I did Marshall. I've had a baby in my belly twice. Once for you and once for Josie." "Mom, I have a baby in my belly too." "You do?" "Yes, it's Sleepy Jesus." Wow, so many possible things to talk about in that one, that I think I'll just let it lie.

I caught him reading his pop-up Thomas book to himself and making up new stories with the scenes.

3 comments:

NF said...

I love ""Mom, I have a baby in my belly too." "You do?" "Yes, it's Sleepy Jesus."

Sleepy Jesus is a Classic.

Keep on bloggin,
Uncle Nick

Sarah R said...

Great stories! I can't wait until Jonas is saying all kinds of hilarious statements :) But also, I am excited to see that pop-up Thomas book Marshall is reading. What is the name of that one? Jonas has became quite fixated on Thomas and the other residents of the Island of Sodor...seriously, I had no idea how focused a not quite 2 year old can be already!!!

Emily said...

I agree..... pjs are unisex, so are jeans in our house :)