Monday, November 17, 2008

My little angel....

So here I am writing about letting go of my preconceived ideas about what Marshall should be, but not even contemplating how I think about Josie. This weekend we went to a baby shower where there was one other baby girl who was 6 months old as well. The other mom and I were sitting on the floor and the girls were sitting with us. My diaper bag was near so I pulled out 3 toys so that the girls could have something to entertain themselves with. As usual Josie sat up for about a minute before deciding that she would rather roll all over the carpet. The other little girl sat nicely and played with Josie's dragonfly. Well, I was talking to the other mother and we look up and Josie has managed to corral ALL 3 toys in her arm space, effectively taking the dragonfly right out of the other baby's hands. Sigh....here I am thinking that because she is a girl AND a second child she will automatically be a better sharer than her brother. But alas, it starts already, at 6 months. I can see the battles between Josie and Marshall already.

In other news, we have decided to move to the Edmonds house in February. We hate to leave our neighborhood, but the idea of a playroom and a master bedroom with ITS OWN BATHROOM is too enticing. We already rented out this house to a cute young couple who are expecting a baby and we are very happy! (At least we will have more space so that when the aforementioned battles occur, I can send each child to their own play place.)

No comments: