Monday, August 18, 2008

New Decade....ouch

So a lot has happened since I last wrote. Unfortunately, fixing the shift key problem has not. Advice please.....

I am now officially an old lady....kind of. Last Monday, I left my 20's and entered my 30's, which freaked me out only on the last day of my 29th year. I mean, let's be honest here. I have been living like a middle aged woman for quite some time. If we go to bed past 10, it's a wild night. But still I suddenly felt as though I had so many things that I was supposed to do in my 20's that I did not. Like have a keg party of my own or get a tattoo. These are the things that one is supposed to do when one is in her 20's. However since I still feel like I am 23, I think I will just be a whole lot cooler in my 30's than I was in my 20's. Maybe I'll be one of those embarrassing moms that has to go on Dr. Phil so her kids can tell her to 'calm down.'

Back to adorable children stories...there are quite a few. We've been watching a lot of Olympics at our house. Will and I really like the swimming. So the other morning Marshall and I were watching the Today Show recap Ryan Lochte's race and M says, 'Go Michael.' I told him that the swimmer was actually one of Michael's teammates. Then after breakfast, he sees Will's Sports Illustrated with Michael Phelps on the cover and says,' That's Michael's book.' We did not teach him about Michael Phelps at all. He must have picked it up from all the TV coverage.

Today it was pouring when we came out of the library. We rushed out to the car and I told M to get into his seat by himself while I put Josie in on her side and then I would come around and buckle him in. First he tries to climb into the front seat and I tell him sternly to get back into his seat. Then apparently while I was getting Josie into her seat, he finds the spray sunscreen I keep in the car and the next thing I see is him spraying his entire carseat with sunscreen. Looking back, yes, it's a little funny, but at the time, I was ANGRY. He didn't talk the whole way home and when we got back in the house he says,'I'm sorry Mom.' and five minutes later,' Are you happy now'. Sigh....2 is really fun.

Josie has been talking up a storm. She is really cooing and sings along with you. Very adorable. She is definitely learning how to wrap her daddy around her little finger too. He calls her his little chicken and she laughs and smiles up at him. He's a goner.

Blogger isn't letting me put pictures up right now for some reason. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: