Monday, July 21, 2008

Oregon Trail...

Sorry for the lack of posts. We just spent about 3 weeks at my parents' house in Oregon and the computer was in Marshall's room. So I couldn't blog as usual when the children were asleep. That and I was on vacation and kind of didn't do much of anything. It was delightful. :) Marshall had a great time playing outside with Grandpa and the dogs. And Grandma taught him how to squirt the hose, which he promptly put into use by squirting her. Priceless. Josie is smiling a ton now and she loves to talk (hmmm...where'd she get that from?). She is in general a very good natured baby but when she wants something BOY does she let you know it. She is LOUD (again...I can't possibly imagine where she gets that from)

Here's a funny little story....so I was singing "Yankee Doodle" to Marshall for the 4th of July and he loved it, but unfortunately I couldn't remember all the words. So later I hear Marshall singing to himself, "Yankee Doodle went to town riding on a pony, Stuck a feather in his hat and called it macaroni. Yankee Doodle keep it up, Yankee Doodle Dandy! Something, something, something, something, and with the girls be handy!" I have scarred him for life. (I've also taught him the incorrect words to "Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting!")

Marshall's first popsicle. He didn't quite know what to do with himself.


Josie in mid laugh

Marshall thought this was the funniest thing he had ever done....until he got the basket stuck on his head.

The three amigos. Marshall really wanted to Grandpa to read his book out loud.


2 comments:

Kate said...

I can't believe how big Marshall has gotten! That basket picture is fantastic. :)

Queen Mommy said...

Glad you had a nice visit!
Autumn