We made it to Norway and it is absolutely gorgeous....However, everyone in town sounds really astounded when they talk about the whether of the last three days, so I get the impression that this isn't normal. That's okay. I came from Seattle. This isn't my first circus.
I wish I could show you pictures, but alas, my beloved iPhone now belongs to Will's parents and I haven't quite figured out how to get my pictures from my camera's SD card to this laptop. Working on it.
Things I have learned so far:
1) Marshall is motion sick on airplanes. But is really quite polite and good natured about it all. "Wow, I feel a lot better now, Mom. Thanks. That flight attendant was really nice. This is the best plane ride ever. Can I have another bag?"
2) It is colder in April in Norway than you think it is. Fleeces and rain coats were a little optimistic. But put them together and voila! winter coat.
3) When entering a rotary in Norway (of which there are very, very many), be bold.....and then continue to be bold. Bold and then timid makes your husband pee his pants a little.
4) Norway is not used to the gentle leader collar we have for Nalu. People definitely think our dog is muzzled and cross to the other side of the street when we are walking. Either that or they do not care to be walking with the loud Americans with a little boy announcing loudly "JEG HETER MARSHALL".
5) People in US=very worried about paperwork for dogs entering Norway. People in Norway=not so much.
6) In Norway, it takes TWO HOURS to complete a load of laundry on a normal cycle. I must investigate this and figure out how to decrease the time. Because loads are also very small. I might be doing laundry continuously for the next two years.
All in all, we are liking it here a lot, but I have to say that it still feels like we are on vacation. We get to move into the house in two weeks if things go well and I have a feeling that's when it's going to start feeling real.
Time for sleep and time for you all to eat lunch. :)
3 comments:
Enjoy each experience and blog about it for those living the experience through it ;)
I was so happy to read this! Thanks for sharing!
Oh poor Marshall! Being sick on planes is the worst - I should know. Crossing my fingers the poor guy outgrows it soon!
#5 is just too funny. And as for #6...I hope the rain lets up soon so there can be a clothesline in your future! This appeals to my inner farm girl immensely.
Post a Comment