Ten years ago, we got married.
Some days it doesn't seem that long. Like it was just a few months ago, that I was back at Duke waiting anxiously for my phone to ring or reading the next epistle brought to me by the new miraculous thing called e-mail.
Some days it seems like its been longer. That my whole life I've loved Will or at least was meant to love him. That ten years is simply a drop in the bucket for this partnership.
We are about to embark upon one of the biggest adventures in our lives and I know in my heart that we will be successful because we have each other and our children. There are many things that falter in life. Especially at this point in time, I feel as though I am dealing with constant uncertainty. However, the one thing I will never, ever doubt is the strength of our marriage and the love and support I will always receive from that goofy guy up there.
My favorite story from our wedding that I have told over and over (probably even on this blog already) is what my small flower girl cousins took away from the whole weekend. As they were preparing for the long ride back to Cleveland, one of my little cousins (who aren't quite so little any more) said to her mom, "I know why Will and Chrissy got married. Because they are best friends."
Happy Tenth Anniversary Best Friend.
![]() |
| Valentine's Day hike in Ashland |


No comments:
Post a Comment