Okay, so I am officially freaking out.....
And there's really not anything anyone can do about it, so I know your offers to help or bits of problem solving advice are coming from places of love, but do not be offended when I don't accept them. (Except for the offers to watch the children......bring those on. :))
But we are all feeling it. Tonight Marshall had a total meltdown because Josie didn't want me to read a Magic Tree House book at bedtime. It's just too scary for her. And that's okay. And we talked about that for a good half hour. Sorry, did I say talked? I meant, Marshall cried and yelled and I did lots of forced calm talking and deep breathing exercises. You would think the boy who can't watch Disney movies because of the villains would be a little bit more understanding about these things. Alas, Josie is not allowed to have an opinion different than his. (Because that's what it was about.....I came up with a completely acceptable solution that involved us reading it by ourselves while Josie got to read with a flashlight in bed. Two of the parties involved were fine with that.....the six year old couldn't let go.)
And it wasn't until I started writing this that, okay, okay, I get it. Thank you blog-mirror and calming glass of wine for pointing out the obvious. Perhaps....just perhaps.....Marshall might be mimicking someone in his life. Hypothetically, there may be a certain woman in his life that may have a problem letting go and accepting that she might not always be right. I am WORKING ON IT, alright? However, unfortunately now that I am the only parent this side of the Atlantic, my flaws might....just might....be amplified. Or at least not buffered by someone else's influence.
Let's just hope my good qualities are coming out just as much, right?
1 comment:
oh thank god, if you dared made it easy to parent alone, I might feel seriously more horrible about my own rare solo parenting. you are amazing when it comes to patience and handling this all, but seriously bring on those requests for help, I'm more than happy to give it as much as I can!
Post a Comment