So I'll just focus on the other changes going around here lately.
These two are busting out on their own.
Surprisingly, my shy, introverted children LOVE school. :) At first I think Marshall was a little upset that he actually had to sit and do work occasionally during the day, but he's gotten used to it. He announces to everyone "I'm in Kindergarten, you know", whether it is pertinent to the conversation or not. But really, when is that not relevant or important? And Josie cries everyday, when I come to pick her up. "Mommy! I want to stay and eat lunch!!!!" Talk about feeling loved. She does get to stay and eat lunch twice a week when I work in the afternoons, so occasionally, she is satisfied.
What's that? You didn't know I was working? Surprise! (To me too.....) The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Once I made the decision for the kids to come with me to school, I immediately realized that I had been a fool all last year. No more worries about Marshall's kindergarten experience. No scheduling issues. It's really all so simple. We've fallen into a wonderful routine. Josie gets a little all alone mommy time, Mommy get a little all alone mommy time, and Marshall gets to enlighten us daily with all the things he is learning. (Do you know the sign for "dog"? I do now. As well as some other signs that I am not quite sure are official American Sign Language. I think he's taking a little creative license with the signs they actually are teaching him. :))
Really it does seem all so simple and uncomplicated.....for now. However, Will and I are looking into our toolbox right now for the monkey wrench to throw into the situation. Never fear. We can't go very long without a big adventure to embark upon, right?
1 comment:
Love these pics - the kids look great!
Post a Comment