However, it was also simply lovely to return home last week, to all our obligations and schedules. We have created such a wonderful life here in the land of milk and honey. As much as the everyday can seem tiring and it's wonderful to get a break, it does make one realize how truly great our everyday is.
And so I return to the blog with renewed focus. Remembering that I want to record our everydays so that I can never forget how wonderful they are.
Josie announced that she wanted to look like Mommy when she got herself dressed the other day. Apparently I wear lots of jewelry and carry a purse all the time. (We'll ignore the booty shorts. I'm pretty sure those aren't a reflection of me.) How on earth is this is the image my daughter perceives of me? Oh, well. We'll go with it. Pretty soon she'll realize that I'm not quite as fancy as she thinks. :)
Marshall's lemonade stand. He's been wanting to buy a new remote control Hex Bug ever since he saw the ad in his National Geographic Kids magazine. Foiled by advertising! And by "wanting" I mean, mentioning it constantly for days. Since he didn't have enough money in his spend jar, he decided to have a lemonade stand. (Actually, his first suggestion was that he play games and I give him money when he wins like on the Price is Right. I nixed that one.) This boy was so excited. He know thinks he is the next Donald Trump. (By the way, he did indeed make enough money for the Hex Bug. But mommy didn't charge him for the capital investment.....this time. :))
Family Portrait, Labor Day 2011.
1 comment:
Duh Chrissy! She is wearing her handbag JUST like you do - across your body! :)
Post a Comment