I think I married a Renaissance Man. Seriously. I have this annoying habit of seeing something and saying, "We could make that." I have done this for a long time when it comes to basic items of clothing (and judging from the pieces of clothing I have made myself, this statement is completely false.) Lately, Will's doing it right along with me. Except he really CAN make things.
Case in point, Will made Marshall a bookshelf before he was born. It's beautiful, but was his first foray into the world of furniture making. He followed no plans. Just what put into place what he envisioned. And this is the result.
A beautiful, basic bookshelf.
Fast forward three years later, and Will decides he needs to make a bookshelf for Josie as well. (If sewing all the nursery components are my thing, bookshelves are his.) But this time, he's got more experience under his belt and he's got loads of ideas. And thus, came the J. A bookshelf for Josie shaped like a J. Ingenius. And beautiful. And perfectly personal. Something special just for Josie from her Daddy.
How lucky are we to have this guy around? (Of course, the down side to this is that I have seen what he is capable of......I've got big plans, I tell you.....BIG Plans.)






2 comments:
i dream of david doing those projects! lucky you! :) in his defense he is coaching 3 teams and playing on 2 of his own...gone are our home projects (until winter that is).
Nice job Will. I love how the kids picnic table now doubles as a work bench!
Post a Comment