Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sewing

I love to sew. I do. (However, if you are anywhere near me while I am sewing, you wouldn't think it because my language gets..... a little salty, let's say....) But I am not very good at it. Will always says I am too self-deprecating. But it's true. I mean, I'm not AWFUL, but I certainly am no perfectionist. Which I why I try to sew only for family....or at least people I know will appreciate the thought behind my wobbly hems and lumpy interfacings.
My new mommy-crush is Amanda Soule. And she talks a lot about how creating plays such an important role in her life. I don't know if I am quite there, but I definitely do get a lot of satisfaction finishing a piece and watching one of my kids wearing it. (And inevitably announcing to the world to stand back when they look at it so they don't notice wobbly hems or lumpy interfacings......I know I should just let it go, but I don't want other people to think I thought I was doing it right. Especially other sewers....)

Anyhoo, check out this little jumper I made for Josie to wear on the Fourth of July. In my personal opinion, it's adorable (from afar... :))
It's also a little big. Here's crossing our fingers that it'll fit next year too!
(Side note: Ughh.....doesn't she look like such a little girl now that she's walking all the time......Oh, and I just noticed the large beer box in the background. Ignore that. :))

No comments: