Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Marshall-isms

  • "Marshall, come help me make my bed." "Why? Did you go pee-pee in it?" (This is clearly a commentary on my housekeeping skills.)

  • "Dad, come play with me." "Okay buddy. What are we going to play?" "I'm going to play race cars and you are going to play Little People." (Baby steps toward sharing...baby steps....)

  • "Mom, can you clean off my feet? They are dirty." (Okay, experienced parents, what was on his feet at 7 am while he was playing in the living room? That's right...poop. It's still very sneaky, that poop.)

  • "Okay, 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, Peek A Boo Josie!" "What Marshall? You know how to count backwards?!?" "Yes, mom! 6, 7, 8, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" (I did not teach him this. Must be from our daily TV-show-while-mom-showers routine.)

  • "Hoooooo! Did you hear that Mom? What is it?" "I don't know Marshall, what is it?" "It's an owl Mom!" "An owl? Really? I thought they only came out at night time." "Mom, you don't need to be afraid of an owl." (He's big into owls lately. Must be Halloween. I got a door mat that shows an owl and says "Whoooooo's There?". Marshall studies it everytime we enter or leave our house. Also, he and Will went for a hike in Edmonds last weekend and when Marshall said "Hoooooo!" and an actual owl hooted back at him. Best Dad ever moment.)

Finally, here's 2 pictures of Marshall making a tower on T day (notice the train t-shirt) and apple cake on A day.



No comments: