Friday, October 3, 2008

Catch-up

Gosh....it's been so long that with each day it's seems a more daunting task to try to blog....like I know that there's even more stuff I have to try to remember. (Which is really hard for me....especially with the lack of sleep issue....but we'll get to that...)

So I'll try the best I can to remember all the cute stuff that's going on...
  • Marshall is really into reading this book my mom got him called "Underwear Do's and Don'ts". It's this funny book about underwear that we were hoping might inspire him to want to wear underwear (so far, not so much...but maybe the recent interest in the book is a promising sign?). Anyway, when Marshall picks up a book to read, he tells you the title first. So lately it's been, "Mom, I'm going to read this book. It's called Underwear Do's and Donuts."
  • Josie is all about eating her feet. Changing a diaper has become somewhat of a contortionist act. (We are all cloth now btw. Loving it!) She also loves to give the raspberry. She has a happy raspberry and a mad raspberry. Last night she woke up while I was watching Project Runway and I really wanted to see the end so I made her wait. And through the monitor I hear loud "WHTHHHHHHHHH". Hilarious.
  • So Marshall has also been really into labeling things. "Josie is a girl. I am a boy." "I am a brother. You are a mother." (We love to blow his mind by telling him things like Daddy is a brother too, or Grandma is Mommy's mother.....then he says things like "No Mom, Daddy is a father. And Grandma is a grandmother") We were reading How do Dinosaurs play with their Friends? and I say "Are you a good friend?" and Marshall says "No" which of course breaks my heart. I tell him "Oh honey! Of course you are a good friend! You share your toys and love to hug the other kids." And he says,"No, I'm not a friend. I'm a boy."

So it's like Marshall knew I was blogging and wanted to give me new material. He just came into the utility room and said," Mom, can you clean up my foot? It's a little dirty." Okay, experienced parents, what was on his foot? That's right, it was poop. I put a pull-up on him just to use them up. (I bought a whole bunch a while ago with high hopes, but they are size 2t-3t. So he is probably going to grow out of them before they get used.) Clearly, they don't hold in the poop. Anyway, there small piles of poop all over his bedroom floor and then little spots all down the hallway where he walked to show me his dirty foot. And as I am cleaning him up, he is giving me a dissertation on bowel movements. "Sometimes the poop is in our bummy. And it comes out. But it can be a little sneaky." Yes, it can little man. Yes it can.

3 comments:

Amiee said...

Hilarious! "sneaky", indeed.

Bains said...

Your blog is awesome! Much more detailed than mine! It's so fun reading about all the things I get to look forward to with my daughter. I can't imagine having two yet...

bex said...

oh my God! I'm sitting here in a coffee shop taking a break from my work and started reading this and laughing. People are staring and all I can do is hold my stomach and grab a tissue from my pocket. Tears are rolling...