Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Pause

I am ready to post about our next days of Advent, but I need to document the pause.

The pause from holiday hilarity and festivity....

The pause from good cheer and Christmas lights and present planning...

The pause from packing and excitement....

Because for us it is just a pause.  A horrific event which shakes us to the core and makes us question why, why.....

But we can move on. We can continue and finish this Advent season, hugging our little angels even closer than before, thanking those who take care of our children day in and day out even more sincerely....

But for so many families in Connecticut, there is no pause, but a full stop.  Period.  Finality but yet completely open ended.  Because how does one move on from something like this?  I imagine, eventually you must for the sake of your other children, your family....Selfishly, I hope and pray I never have to navigate those waters.

So while I will move on documenting our days of Christmas joy, I acknowledge that I am forever changed.  That my prayers go to those families in Connecticut because that's the only thing I can conceive of to do.  And mostly I pray that they find a compass to lead them toward some sort of healing.

No comments: