Sunday, July 22, 2012

Rainy Sunday


Click click click
Knit, knit, pearl, pearl, knit, knit, pearl, pearl.....

Sometimes I need the methodical.  When all I focus on is the ribbing of Marshall's new socks, started thrice times over.....

Living abroad is wonderful, and interesting, and exciting, and life-affirming, and eye-opening, and family-bonding, and an incredible adventure.

Living abroad can also be very hard.  We are on a bit of a roller coaster ride right now.  Low days and high days.  Nothing we can't handle.  And, I suspect, nothing that is unusual for expats only 3 months in to their new adventure.  But there are days when I think, "What on earth have we done?" and then there are days that I think,"I can't believe that this is my life.  I am so fortunate!"

As school starts and we get into a routine, this will all level out.  And I know that we will all be so busy that we will long for the open ended days of our first four months in Norway.

But for now, we need a few rainy Sundays, where we concentrate on our family, our comfort, our home....and the Muppet Show (which our children think is SO cool....any time a celebrity is mentioned, Marshall says, "What about Valerie Harper?"), Angry Birds, and Simple Physics.  (I'll let you guess who's playing what.....)

And a new pair of Mommy-made socks that will keep my little boy's feet warm and toasty as he runs about in the cold Norwegian winter.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you and miss you. I'm so excited to be following your blog. Xxoo Sandy

Unknown said...

Xxoo

Anonymous said...

Hey lady. We are all settled back into life in Delhi. Let's try to skype sometime soon. It is TOTALLY normal to be going through a 3-month slump!! Moving to a new country is HARD, and I soooo remember when we were at that same stage as you are a couple of years ago and we took a small family long weekend vacation and re-bonded and got on track and figured out what life in our new home should be....let's chat!! xo