Thursday, June 16, 2011

Three 3 Ways

(I know it's not April anymore, but I feel like I need to record Josie's birthday, so we'll just pretend it is. :))

Our little chicken turned three this April.  Three.  She's gone from this....
to this....
independent, fashion icon, in what seems like overnight.

I'll save the waxing poetic for another post, and get to the good parts.  Josie's Three Parties.  Because when you are three, you clearly need three parties.

Josie's first party was a family and neighbors party the day before her birthday.  Kind of a prep-party if you will....:)



On her actual birthday, Josie had preschool so we were off to another party!

And last came the party to beat all parties, Josie's gymnastics birthday party.  Originally I was a bit hesitant to do a party outside our house.  I am a pretty crafty kind of girl.  I had visions of turning our basement into a princess castle.  However, Josie insisted and I am SO glad I gave in.  Best birthday ever.  You show up.  They've partially decorated.  They entertain the children while you sit back and take pictures.  You cake up.  You remove garbage.  You leave.  And you still have a day ahead of you.  Fabulous.  A good time was definitely had by all.

(And as a disclaimer: I totally did not come up with that cake/cookies idea.  I blatantly copied it from my friend Dana.  She even came over and helped me make all the cookies....probably because she knew if I did it all on my own it would never turn out.  Note the apple cookies sans hole)

It was a long week, but on the whole, it was fabulous.  Just right for our fabulous girl.

1 comment:

Sheree said...

MISS MARILYN! i ♥ her. really i do. she is THE best.

i didn't see the cookies! um...i wanna a cookie date filled with baking and and eating! :)