Thursday, August 19, 2010

Heat Wave

We arrived back from our vacation to a Seattle in the midst of a heat wave.  If you can call it that.....it got into the 90's for several days in a row.  I called it delightful.  (After living in Tallahassee, Oahu, Charleston and Durham, it's going to take a bit more than that to phase me, Mr. Weatherman......)  Of course, I talk big game, but I must admit that it never gets that hot down here in our little valley.  The trees keep our house nice and shaded and since the bottom half of our house is partially in the ground, The Treehouse stays relatively comfortable in the heat.  As a matter of fact, it was so nice in our valley, that on Monday, we decided not to leave it at all.  We took our "hike" in Yost Park and played in the creek to cool off.

However, we all knew it couldn't last.  On Tuesday, Mr. Weatherman told us that it might be the last day we reach ninety for the rest of the month of August.  Well, we couldn't let our last hot day simply pass us by could we?  I've been meaning to take the kids up to the Willis Tucker Spray Pad in Snohomish for a bit since everyone I've talked to loves it.  And I must say, it did not disappoint.  As you can see, Marsh and Josie had a great time running through the "prinklers".


And the added bonus to this trip is that Little Ms. Thing (who is SOOO diva-two lately it's not even funny...actually it is funny once you step back and realize you are in a battle of wits with a girl who still barely has any hair, but I digress), totally zonked out once we got home.  So much so, that I had to call it at about 4:30 and go in her room to wake her up (since the kids normally go to bed at 7:00-ish, a 4:30 nap is LATE).  And this is what I saw:

Oh, goodness.  She's still my angel baby.  I needed to see that.

(Side note:  Today after nap she informed me that the Miffy bunny, with the orange dress in the top center of the above picture, was the Mommy and that Froggy (stuffie numero uno and in her arms in the adove picture) and Ducky (not pictured) were the babies.  She had to stay in bed a bit after she woke up to finish playing.  Adorable.)

1 comment:

Ms. Richardson said...

oh my god. i am in love with your kids! we took kai to a spray park yesterday, and although we were $21 poorer (!!! horror!), the magic was worth it. xoxo

p.s. glad you're back!