Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Visitors

Wow, it's feast or famine around here in more ways than one. Sometimes I am a blogging fiend. And then to my surprise, I realized today that I haven't blogged since last Wednesday. But to be fair, I think there were three posts that day. Perhaps I should space them out.....


Anyway, after lots of time without any visitors, we had a crazy amount of people visit this weekend. We felt so loved. First, we have Eric anxiously awaiting the arrival of his wife and child. But, as I told him this weekend, he's no longer a guest. If you intend to use our house as a temporary residence, you are no longer a guest, you are family. Which subjects you to all of our sarcasm, toddler temper tantrums, and poor housekeeping. Poor Uncle Eric.


Nick also arrived last Thursday evening...or maybe by that point it was Friday? :) In any case, we truly enjoyed having Uncle Nick around and Marshall got his fill of his godfather. They went for hikes in Yost and did lots of work around the house. Poor Uncle Nick. He thought he was coming for a visit, but then we roped him in .....WA HA HA HA! House projects pretty much fill our weekends, so he very nicely joined in, helping Will fix the sliding glass door upstairs, clear overgrown bushes, make bookshelves for a friend, and spread mulch. Will and Nick also got to go see the Red Sox (lose to the Mariners) and go for a hike near Granite Falls, so the trip wasn't a total bust. :) Nick took some pictures for me since I was a camera slacker this weekend. (Or maybe he was just showing off his cool iPhone....so jealous)


You should have seen Nick trying to get in between the car seats when we picked Barb up....hilarious.


Marshall and Uncle Nick worked together very well apparently. M buried himself in mulch....and that was one of his new shirts. Oh well....that's why Mommy shops the clearance rack. :)


My good friend from college, Barbara, also came up from Portland this weekend. Barbara and I spent the summer before our junior year attached at the hip in Durham (living together, working for the same professor, getting the PWILD August trip together......we even packed each other lunches, and, as Barb reminded me, shared the same skin fungus resulting from the God-awful humidity in Durham in the summer). We hadn't really seen each other in a year and it was great to catch up. We picked her up at the train station on Friday and went to Carkeek. Marshall fell for Barb hardcore. She went down the slide with him and let him go straight into the ocean with his sneakers on. Love at first sight. We meandered our way back to Edmonds to meet up with Sarah and baby Katie. (On the way to Edmonds, Barb asked me,"So tell me, what is so wonderful about Edmonds?" I looked at her like she had five heads. "EVERYTHING....duh.....") And then on Friday evening we had a girls night at THE MOST FABULOUS VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT, Carmelita's. I can't rave about it enough. I had such a great time with Barb. We can't wait to go see her in Portland......maybe she'll be there next time. :)

Ack, this is getting long. Anyhoo, Meredith Pavia came into town on Sunday and we were psyched to be able to spend at least a couple of hours with her before she had to get down to business with her lawyer-type conference. (Someone needs to tell her employer that we are much more important than any conference and to give her more time to hang with us next time she is in Seattle. :)) We walked around the sculpture park downtown and had a lovely chat while trying to ensure that Marshall didn't fill his pockets so full with pebbles from the walkway that his pants fell down and that Josie had a constantly supply of food in her stroller tray. I miss Meredith and must get down to San Francisco soon, since it appears as though she has magnetic qualities and all of our friends are drawn to her. (Soon, Kristin and Kate will join Meredith and Holly in the city by the bay.....why doesn't anyone want to come live by me? HMMMMM?)

I'm not even going to attempt to manufacture a logical conclusion to this entry......it's too rambly....

No comments: