Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weekends

For the past year, Will spent time on the weekend at work. For the past several months he spent A LOT of time on the weekend at work. Like he had a 6 or 6.5 day work week instead of the normal 5. While this has not been something we couldn't handle and we understood why he had to do it, I must say, it was a bit irritating after a while. But this past week, Will started his new job. AND HE WAS HOME ALL WEEKEND. It was eerie. By the end of Saturday, it definitely felt like the weekend was over. We accomplished so much! Will wood chipped the backyard and tore down tree stumps. Marshall and I went to the library. We had friends over. I tutored. And went to my new favorite store, Smart Buys at Stupid Prices. It's like a scaled down version of Building 19 but with better stuff. I mean, not like Nordstrom or anything, but they get all the stuff that doesn't sell at Costco and some other stores. Anyway, I love to wander the aisles and find deals. (My favorite: my new white Hemptown t-shirts for $2.50. I always need white t-shirts and it makes me feel like I am still a hippie.)

In any case, it was a delightful weekend. And hopefully just the start of many FULL weekends at home for Will. :) We are so blessed that he was able to find such a great new job in this economy.

1 comment:

Sheree said...

that is so great, chrissy!! i totally know how you feel. my husband is a contractor so as bleak as the economy has been he does a lot of high end remodeling so he's been busy working 10 hours a day and then working sundays (and sometimes saturdays). i can't really complain because it's work, right? :)

it is such a great feeling when daddy is home. there is a sense of accomplishment when your weekend projects get knocked out without delaying until the next weekend.

i'm so happy for you and your family!! i know what that means to have daddy home!