Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Sorry I haven't written in a while! It's been hectic around here trying to get ready for Christmas! I've been packing and baking and wrapping like crazy because we were supposed to leave for my parents' house in Oregon today. But Mother Nature had different plans. There's about 4 inches of beautiful snow here on the ground in Shoreline. Now for our loved ones back east, you are probably thinking this is nothing. However, snow removal isn't quite as efficient out here in Washington. We don't actually get that much snow during a winter season. Anyway, the local roads are not safe and to get to my parents' we have to go through quite a few mountain passes and chains are required. So now after all that hustle and bustle, I have a pleasant calm. It's delightful. I actually loved being snowed in. It forces me to slow down and enjoy winter.

I'll post some more pictures this evening, but in the mean time, here is a link to my friend Erin's blog where she has a couple adorable pictures of Josie the Hulk. (Wait until you see Josie compared to her 4 month old Hazel.) http://erinzackey.blogspot.com/2008/12/twins.html

No comments: