So Josie LOVES tummy time. She laughs and smiles (and then inevitably burps and spits up...I think that's why she likes it so much. It gets the bubbles out of her belly.) She lifts her head way up now too. More than the 45 degree milestone (my children are so advanced :)). And she is absolutely adorable when she does it. Unfortunately, the camera didn't pick that up and here she looks like a very clueless/surprised old man. And I wouldn't be presenting an accurate picture if I didn't show you what happened immediately after happy, smiley time. :)
Friday, July 25, 2008
New Rule
I was reading my cousin Autumn's blog (she has three girls, ages 3, 2, and 1...and another on the way. And she still has hair....I know, Superwoman.) Anyway, she was writing about how she has a great rule in her house that only one child can cry at a time. I love that rule! So I decided to implement it today. We came home from a playgroup a little late and Marshall was cranky so he was in tears about not being able to watch a TV program. (And he says it just like that too. "I want to watch a television program!" Hilarious.) So I finally get him calmed down and washed up for lunch and Josie wakes up in her carseat and starts wailing. Marshall starts fake crying to make sure he gets just as much attention as his sister, but I told him,"I'm sorry Marshall, but the rule is that only one child in this house can cry at a time, and you already had your turn when we got home." Clearly I did not think this would work. BUT IT DID. He was like "Oh, okay, I'll just wait for my next turn." This is a fabulous rule. Now if only Josie would abide by it.... :)
So Josie LOVES tummy time. She laughs and smiles (and then inevitably burps and spits up...I think that's why she likes it so much. It gets the bubbles out of her belly.) She lifts her head way up now too. More than the 45 degree milestone (my children are so advanced :)). And she is absolutely adorable when she does it. Unfortunately, the camera didn't pick that up and here she looks like a very clueless/surprised old man. And I wouldn't be presenting an accurate picture if I didn't show you what happened immediately after happy, smiley time. :)

So Josie LOVES tummy time. She laughs and smiles (and then inevitably burps and spits up...I think that's why she likes it so much. It gets the bubbles out of her belly.) She lifts her head way up now too. More than the 45 degree milestone (my children are so advanced :)). And she is absolutely adorable when she does it. Unfortunately, the camera didn't pick that up and here she looks like a very clueless/surprised old man. And I wouldn't be presenting an accurate picture if I didn't show you what happened immediately after happy, smiley time. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope this rule works for you. I think I need to reinstate it. We have had lots of crying lately!
Post a Comment